Help us fight injustice in Illinois!
Here’s how you can help:
- Donate. Fighting injustice is very expensive. You can make a donation to a specific support fund or a donation to help JIWC with its operating costs.
- Host a fund-raising event. If you’d like to raise money for us or our cases, contact us and we will happily work with you.
- Correspond with an inmate or a former inmate. People who live this nightmare often feel completely isolated and despair that no one cares about them. You must realize if wrongful convictions can happen, it can happen to you or your loved ones. Those still behind bars sit helpless and voiceless; we must their voice. Those still behind bars especially need regular messages of support from those of us outside. If you would like to correspond with one of our inmates, just email us and we will tell you how.
- Inform yourself. Our culture is permeated with misinformation, which creates the climate wrongful convictions. Both the news media and popular culture often promote myths and junk science. To learn more please see our Resources page.
- Once you are informed you can inform your friends, family members, and elected officials. You can challenge misinformation in the media. The Innocence Network offers these useful suggestions on working with the media, elected officials, and others.